Movers & Shakers
Take up the challenge and run with us
Running with On the Move helps support those in need within your local community and offers a huge runners package
Will you take up the challenge and run with us in support of the Winter Night Shelter?
If so, then you could join our team “On the Move” and be part of something amazing in Milton Keynes. We have 60 charity spaces available for those local to MK, each space comes with a personal fundraising target of £500, all of which will go directly to Milton Keynes based charity Winter Night Shelter. Your money will directly offer vital support in their provision of emergency winter accommodation for rough sleepers and their Unity Park Station project, which works year-round with those in need, the vulnerable and those with mental health challenges to prevent homelessness.
If you think you have what it takes to join the On the Move team, then we think your pretty special.
As such we have a cracking runner package lined up for you.
- Free Entry to the half or full Rightmove MK Marathon;
- A runners pack, to include a team technical running T-shirt, water bottle, and discounts for Up & Running stores;
- Free off-site car parking including a shuttle bus to transport you to and from your car;
- VIP Access to the Rightmove Race Village, where you’ll find the team celebrating at the official race after party – exclusively for On The Move team members only! We’ll have a Runners Retreat awaiting our runners, including somewhere comfortable to rest up and grab a quick bite to eat post run;
- Regular support from the On The Move family including access to weekly runs, online support groups, and monthly updates on team training and fundraising activities;
- Fundraising tips and advice to help you beat your fundraising target;
- You’ll also (we hope) will make some new lifelong friends in Rightmove and out, plus experience something great together while making a real difference to your community.
Join Our Team
The legal stuff
Applications to run the MK Marathon with the On the Move teams are open from October 15th and close at midday on November 15th. The ballot will be drawn at random and successful applicants will be notified by email by November 19th and given instruction on how complete their entry. Successful applicants will have two weeks to complete their entry and set up their charity pages. Applicants who fail to complete their entry in the two-week time frame will risk their space being re allocated in second ballot. By submitting an entry to run for On the Move and your selected charity, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set by marathon MK Marathon organizers, Runners base. Full T&Cs can be found here http://mkmarathon.com/terms-and-conditions/ All applicants must be over the age of 18 years old by the event day. Rightmove cannot accept any liability for personal injury, loss or death in the event and events leading to the Marathon or after the marathon itself. All runners enter and participate at their own risk. If you are aware of any pre-existing medical conditions that may affect you in this activity, we would always recommend that you seek medical advice before entry.